Change? How about this for change……I just don’t understand why people seem to forget this….
George Bush has been in office for almost 8 years. The first six the economy was fine, and then in 2006 the American public voted in a Democratic Congress.
A little over a year and a half ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006:
1) Consumer confidence plummeted;
2) Gasoline soared to over $4 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it! I am not sure we can afford any more “Democratic Change”!!!!!